Cannes is one of the largest convention destinations in Europe and we are lucky enough to have a state of the art conference and exhibition centre which enjoys glorious sea views out over the Mediterranean.
Each year there seem to be more and more events taking place at the Palais from the world-famous International Film Festival to MIPIM, largely acknowledged as the premier event for property professionals from across the globe.
The town of Cannes is well attuned to the annual calendar of events, but for those not so close to us, the complete list of events can be found here.
For those attending one of these events – here are our 5 top tips
1. When booking your accommodation think about an apartment rather than a hotel. You will always find that it’s less expensive than the equivalent standard hotel.
2. Book your apartment early.
3. Make sure that your apartment is no more than a 10 minute walk from the Palais des Festivals. It’s no fun to be getting on a bus or trying to find a taxi when you’ve been on your feet all day and only have a 30 minute window to change for the evening activities.
4. Book your travel early, flights are at a premium during convention/festival times. If you do have to book late, consider booking a flight into Marseille airport and taking the train to Cannes. It’s a bit of a journey but you may make significant cost savings.
5. Plan some time to enjoy our beautiful city. Even if you only have a couple of hours, enjoy the beaches, wander along the Croisette and soak in the ‘designer’ atmosphere or just relax over a coffee and indulge in people watching…the Cannes residents are an eclectic mix.
If you are visiting Cannes and need accommodation please let us know. We have an excellent selection of Cannes apartments in key locations and wonderful references from satisfied happy visitors. Contact me, Jackie Pressman, at French Riviera Property Search.